Gain the Data Insights Every Leader Needs To Drive Strategy in Today’s Digital World
Data Science for Business Strategy Certificate program provides a concise introduction to the topics that are top of mind among high-performing leaders today: how to capitalize on the explosion of data, analytics and technology to define and execute better strategies, transform business and develop data-savvy future leaders. No prior data science or technical experience is required to attend.
Developed as a collaboration between the University of Virginia Darden Executive Education & Lifelong Learning, the UVA School of Data Science and the UVA McIntire School of Commerce, this unprecedented partnership provides participants with practical knowledge that can be used on day-one, bringing together the technical perspectives, business expertise and ethical leadership for which these three schools are known.
Participants will learn, among other topics:
- How data, analytics and technology are both disrupting and providing strategic opportunities for entire industries
- Frameworks for turning strategy into action powered by analytics and data science
- Ethical issues that arise from data-intensive activity
- Data visualization techniques and tools such as Tableau
- Data analysis using techniques such as regression and classification and tools including Excel, Python and Jupyter
- An introduction to machine learning
- An exploration of emerging and expanding technologies such as cloud, internet of things (IOT) and artificial intelligence, and new models such as edge, SAAS and platforms
- Big data technologies for analytics and operations, including traditional and new data management technologies such as data warehouses and data lakes
- Considerations for information and architecture security
Offered in a live-virtual format or in-person in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Who Should Attend:
- Mid-to senior level leaders who drive strategy and partner with or manage those managing data
- Anyone who works with data and wants to connect it to the larger organizational perspective
- Roles include: C-Suite, Managing Director, Project Manager, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Analyst, IT, User Experience
* To accelerate collaboration, consider attending with a cross-functional team of strategic leaders, business analysts and IT managers from your organization.
Each program ranges from $2,999- $3,550 depending on the format. Register for all three in-person programs for the certificate bundle cost of $9,450.
Data Science for Business Strategy Programs
Explore the three programs within the certificate to learn how they each build on each other. Lead your organization through a fundamental understanding of the tools, technologies and processes to find, analyze, interpret and secure the data that can drive your organization into the future.
Identify the strategic challenges and opportunities facing you and your organization, create a plan to use analytics and data science to compete and win, and lead your team or organization with confidence in the data-intensive future of business.
Understand the tools and technologies available to analyze and interpret data and study real-world applications of data science techniques, culminating in a competition connecting analytics and business strategy.
Gain familiarity with modern information management, and develop the confidence to lead your organization into the data-rich future.
*Register for all three programs together for the certificate bundle cost of $9,450.
– Laura Gent
Learn more about Laura's program experience on our blog.