Earn a Certificate in Leadership
At a Glance
Build your professional credentials in a timely, cost-effective way. UVA Darden’s certificate program allows you to become credentialed in leadership specialties, with a curriculum tailored to your career and development needs.
Many of our participants are preparing for increasing or new responsibilities, addressing competency gaps, updating their skills or looking for MBA-quality learning experiences without disrupting their work and family life.
Jump to a Section
to Learn More
How to Earn a Certificate
We've kept the process simple — earn four credits in designated programs, which usually equates to attending four Executive Education programs, within a four-year period.
Special pricing is available when you commit to earning your certificate.
How You'll Benefit
- Develop expertise in an intensive study of one subject or gain broad exposure to several areas
- Prepare for higher levels of leadership by gaining confidence in business know-how and in leading others
- Learn from the world’s best full-time MBA faculty
- Build your professional credentials
- Address a weakness or competency gap
- Connect with an international network of executive peers whose shared expertise and connections will enrich your organization and career
- Attend programs when convenient for your schedule
- Update your skills and network with other leaders
- Leading for High Performance
14–19 April 2019
Tackle the most complex organizational challenges facing executives, including sustaining high performance and aligning systems.
- The Women's Leadership Program
29 April – 3 May 2019
Blend your strengths and experience to inspire and build influence, ready to lead at every level.
- Leading Mindfully
7–10 May 2019
Learn how to connect with and influence others through an experiential program that emphasizes self-development and deep-listening skills for leading, interacting, and communicating more mindfully.
- Servant Leadership: A Path to High Performance
19–24 May 2019
Optimize performance by helping others achieve their potential.
- Leading Teams for Growth and Change
17–21 June 2019
Cultivate a healthy, collaborative culture, even while undergoing change. Features rowing with Olympian Dan Lyons.
- Managing Individual and Organizational Change
10–13 September 2019
Drive and manage change with strategies drawn from behavioral psychology.