Earn a Certificate in Leadership or Management
Build your professional credentials in a timely, cost-effective way. UVA Darden’s certificate program allows you to become credentialed in leadership and management specialties, with a curriculum tailored to your career.
Many of our participants are preparing for increasing or new responsibilities, addressing competency gaps, updating their skills or looking for MBA-quality learning experiences without disrupting their work and family life.
Jump to a Section
to Learn More
How You'll Benefit
- Develop expertise in an intensive study of one subject or gain broad exposure to several areas
- Prepare for higher levels of leadership by gaining confidence in business know-how and in leading others
- Learn from the world’s best full-time MBA faculty
- Build your professional credentials
- Address a weakness or competency gap
- Connect with an international network of executive peers whose shared expertise and connections will enrich your organization and career
- Attend programs when convenient for your schedule
- Update your skills and network with other leaders
How to Earn a Certificate
We've kept the process simple — earn four credits in designated programs, which usually equates to attending four Executive Education programs, within a four-year period.
Special pricing is available when you commit to earning your certificate.
Certificate in Leadership
Certificate in Management
Complete four credits from any category within a four-year period. Up to two custom programs may be applied toward this certificate.
A credit is usually equal to a five-day program. Speak to one of our Lifelong Learning advisors for current credits awarded for specific programs.
- Management Essentials for Developing Leaders
5–10 May 2019 (5-day residential in Charlottesville)
10 October–14 November 2019 (1 day/week in Rosslyn)
- Servant Leadership: A Path to High Performance
19–24 May 2019
- Innovative Management in the Digital Age
8 September 2019–6 March 2020
In-Person Modules: 1–6 December 2019 | 1–6 March 2020
Managing Individual and Organizational Change
10–13 September 2019
Leading Teams for Growth and Change
23–27 September 2019
Financial Management for Non-Financial Executives
29 September–4 October 2019
Leading with Courage
20–25 October 2019