Take on New Challenges
Management Essentials for Developing Leaders
Prepare for new or increasing management roles by expanding your knowledge across organizational functions.
- Overcome the barriers that prevent emergent leaders from fully embracing their positions.
- Connect corporate strategy, departmental goals and daily objectives.
- Leverage lean thinking and operational efficiency to help your organization run more smoothly.
Reveal your true potential with a hands-on immersion in the principles of organizational management.
- Review and analyze the interplay of the core components of business: finance, marketing, operations, strategy and organizational leadership.
- Expand your perspective across organizational functions, and develop the managerial habits to support new initiatives on departmental and corporate levels.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of basic financial statements, marketing metrics, performance assessment methods, and strategic business models.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Identify how your work adds value and develop a personal action plan that applies those insights to current challenges and sets the stage for your continued learning and development.
- Understand interdependencies between functions and learn how to collaborate across functions to maximize effectiveness.
- Assess performance across your team and plan targeted improvements.
- Leverage your role as a manager to facilitate collaboration and better understanding and execution against organizational goals.
Management Essentials for Developing Leaders counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management . Complete this program, then earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for:
- Managers with fewer than six years of management experience.
- Other managerial candidates ready to expand their responsibilities and adopt a more broad-reaching managerial mindset.
It's best for those newly empowered to lead teams or business units, and high-potential individuals who want to build expertise in strategy, operations, finance and leadership.
This is the most intense learning experience I’ve ever had. It’s a crash course in business, but one where walking away, I’m excited for what my future holds with all of this new knowledge gained.Callie Hawley, Sr. Manager, Solutions Marketing, ConnectWise
3–8 May 2020
Fall 2020 TBD
1-day per week
Request More Information
Would you like to know more about the program or the format options? Submit the form below and we'll be in touch shortly.