Upcoming Dates: 30 March–3 May 2020
Duration: 5 weeks
Cost: USD $1,495
Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. Explore the underlying theory and frameworks of a business strategy and get the tools you need to understand the pros and cons of various strategies.
In this program, hear from strategic thought leaders Jared Harris and Michael Lenox as they take you through a five-week workshop with immediately-applicable learning. You can hit the ground running, practicing strategic principles so you develop a deep understanding of how to apply them in a dynamic world.
Following the learning plan, you will develop the understanding necessary to successfully develop strategies relevant to your own organization.
- Acquire strategy tools so you can translate what you’ve learned in the classroom to your own company to drive strategy.
- Learn how to leverage classic strategic frameworks and principles in a changing world
- Develop an understanding of all the dimensions to take into consideration when crafting a new strategy
Strategy Essentials is an on-demand, online program conducted over the course of 5 weeks. There are five modules, which each contain:
- Videos covering important concepts
- Assignments that give you a chance to learn by doing
- Discussion forums and peer reviews
- Toolkits that provide you with strategies for taking these skills back to the real world
Who should take this program?
- Executives and managers looking for a refresher to help tackle strategic challenges at their organizations
- Emerging leaders looking to improve their ability to articulate and understand strategy and position themselves for advancement
Harris' research centers on the interplay between ethics and strategy, with a particular focus on the topics of corporate governance, business ethics and interorganizational trust.
Lenox's primary expertise is in the domain of technology strategy and policy. He is interested in the role of innovation and entrepreneurship for economic growth and firm competitive success. In particular, he explores the business strategy and public policy drivers of the direction of innovative activity.
How do I register?
You can register for this program by completing a registration form linked from the “Register now” button on this page. Payment is due upon registration. We accept payment online from American Express, MasterCard and Visa. You'll receive a confirmation email after we receive your registration.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Our participants report that they learn and sustain change better when enrolling in a Darden course with others from their organizations. We support team learning with a 10% tuition reduction for groups of ten (10) or more. Submit your request for group pricing through the inquiry form on this page.